Monday, June 20, 2011

Roll to Dodge

NERD ALERT.

So I'm a nerd as you all know. What you might not know is that I'm also a bit into the dice and paper kind of RPG, such as Dungeons and Dragons. Sorta. D&D and Warhammer and all them are crazy complicated and too much fuss for my tastes, I prefer a little game called Roll to Dodge. It's quite simple:
1. The players give the Roller their action, such as "Pick an apple off the tree".
2. The Roller rolls a die for each player. Success is determined by the number. A 1 is a complete and utter failure, such as "You go to pick an apple, stub your toe on a rock, trip, fall, hit the tree, and a rotten apple falls onto your head. You now have an injured toe, a concussion, and dirty hair." A 5 is a total success: "You pick a single apple off the tree. In fact, it is the best apple on the whole tree! Good god this thing looks absolutely delicious!"
3. Hilarity ensues.

It's all sorts of good times and fun, and is usually played online, on forums or message boards. I currently am running 4, count em, 4 games of RtD, and have finished 1 that took over a year to fully play. I've also abandoned 2 after they got boring, and I play in a bunch. The type I play is at a more leisurely pace, rather than the immediate gameplay of actual table-top games, and they usually roll once every few days. But I find it to be fun as hell, so whatever.

I should go roll now. You various readers should totally play a game with me some time, we could totally do so on this blog.

1 comment: