Monday, August 29, 2011

RIT and Me.

So I moved into RIT on Sunday. It was a crazy time.
After packing all my stuff up (WHICH SUCKED), I said bye to my dog, my dad and got in the car, and we drove to RIT. They had us stop by Gracie's to sign in, and after that we drove over to Gibson Hall where my room is. It was later in the day, so there were about a dozen people with carts to help get my stuff up to my room. Only needed about 3 of em.
So we get up to my room, start unpacking things, and midway through, along comes my roommate Andrew Hollenbach! So Hollaback and parents and I all talked for a bit, then Andrew and his parents left, and I continued with the unpacking. After that, there were some "Meet new people" exercises and stuff, then my dad and I went out to Nick Tahoe's for lunch/dinner.
Then he went home, and I went back to my room for a while, Skyped a bit with people, etc, until a big crowd of noisy troublemakers stormed down the hall. Hollaback and I went to investigate, and apparently it was the floor's RA having a get together, which ended up on a 5th floor lounge. We then stayed there for probably an hour, laughing at everyone and being silly. Then everyone went back to their rooms and soon after I went to sleep.

SO MONDAY WAS FUN TOO! Woke up at 7:00, lied in bed for 20 minutes, got up and dressed, went and got a waffle and an apple and some Honey Nut Cheerios at Gracie's, then back to the room to wait until 10:30. At 10:30, everyone goes down to Gracie's for more fun on the town, and the whole Honors population goes out for some rock climbing/volleyball/whatever place on University Ave.
While waiting for the bus, I learned how to play Ninja, and it is my new favorite game. Expect to play it around me all the time. So then we went to Rockventures. Played more Ninja, wrote some things on a wall (Goal: DON'T FAIL OUT OF RIT, a Challenge: ACQUIRING A STALKER EX-GIRLFRIEND, something I can change: MEH.) and then played volleyball and did some silly teambuilding stuff. AND THEN THE ROCK CLIMBING. It took a while to teach us all, but then they finished and I got halfway up the wall and wussed out because DAMN it was high.
Then everyone except my group left because our bus had broken down! So another wait for the bus, then it arrived and we went back to RIT! Pretty much immediately, there was a barbecue going on, and everyone went to that. Lots of people playing Ultimate Frisbee, I mostly played volleyball. And ate a couple hotdogs, some chips, and a Snapple.
When it got dark, shit got real. Broke out the smores (MADE WITH GODDAMN REESES CUPS! So good.), broke out the GLOWSTICKS (HELL YEAH), and then it got kinda boring so I went back to the dorm. Took a quick shower, came back to my room, and now here I am.
I am liking RIT very much.

1 comment: